The Health and Care Worker Visa is open to qualified health and adult social care professionals who wish to undertake an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.

Capri Overseas - Health & care Worker visa


The Health and Care visa is similar to the Skilled Worker Visa, both of these visas allow you to live and work in the UK, however, there are some differences. The Health and Care Worker Visa is only open to certain medical professionals and people in eligible health and care roles. Health and Care Visa holders pay reduced visa fees and are also not required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.


The Health and Care Visa is valid for up to 5 years, after this time you can apply to extend your visa if you wish to continue working in the UK. Providing that you continue to meet the eligibility requirements then you can extend your Health and Care visa as many times as you like. If you want to make the UK your permanent home then you may also be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after residing in the country for at least 5 years on this visa.

In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • You are a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional;
  • You work or will work in an eligible health or social care job, which falls within the list of approved occupation codes;
  • You work or will work for a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office;
  • You have a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered;
  • You are competent in the English language to at least IELTS 4.5
  • You will be paid the minimum salary or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you will be doing, whichever is higher;
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if working with vulnerable people; and
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if from a listed country.


For assistance with your Health and Care Worker Visa application get in touch with our Counsellor today on 917490025486, or mail us at, we are here to help.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *